Saturday, August 26, 2006

Expectations, Expectations!!

My friend Sudhi has a blog. He often mentions about his "ideal" girl. :) As Lizzie Bennet would have said "She would be a scary sight to behold". Well, I'll confess Sudhi is not that bad with his expectations. However, it makes me think about this image that every person has about their partner. What that person likes, dislikes, behaves like... Ok! Another confession... I think about what my Mr. Right should be like, too. But don't you think that we are not being fair? We form this cast of the person we would like to be with and then try and mould people into the cast. If they don't fit, they are not The one. I am not objecting to expecting the minimum; it's just the delving into the details that troubles me. What will that person say in such-and-such a situation? Will she continue working after marriage? Will he propose to me in so-and-so manner?

Hmmm... I think it's more of a timepass to think about your partner (before meeting him/her obviously... actually, it IS a timepass, period!). No one knows when you start liking the quirks in a person and accept them. I have seen highly unlikely pairs - who have been perfect for each other. It's a lot about compromise, I guess. And a commitment to make it work. Cheers to all the happy couples and wishing the rest of us similar happiness! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheating! You've not said a WORD about what you expect from YOUR Mr. Right!

Ritu said...

heheh... the whole point of the blog was to refrain from day-dreaming and expecting your partner to be the main lead from some Disney's story :) i didn't want anyone to say "Practice what you preach!"

AMD said...

so true!

Ritu said...

:D i know!!