Thursday, April 23, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever!

Last evening, a bunch of us from section G decided that we had had enough of staying within campus and explorers that we were, we had to go out to wine-n-dine. It was a jolly good enough thing to do, considering the options that most of us had. As if to set the tone for the evening, one of our "intro" conversations went like this:
One guy: My name is pretty unusual....
3-4 of us: No, it's not!

While we waited for the shuttle at SV4, there were some of us who decided to forego the enticing company for prior commitments to club meetings. When the bus finally arrived and we all filed in, there wasn't much place left for anyone else. The regular passengers had to share seats or stand until they reached their destinations, which they did with amused expressions, since our babble and enthusiasm was pretty infectious, if I say so myself.

Once at the place (Coco's in Jubilee Hills - the guy who plays music there is awesomely talented! The Beatles' song was the one that caught my attention at the very beginning), we all settled down to "network" wholeheartedly. The flowing drinks made a lot of it easier. You'll find snippets of conversations here - just enough to give you a good picture without people baying for my blood at the next dunking...

"Talent nite was awesome fun. I am zero at talent, I'm telling you."
"As far as animation movies go, "Incredibles" was incredible!"
"So who's single and ready to mingle?"
"Huh? What's the context??"
"Food in Mumbai is so awesome."
"I was chased by a wild elephant in an african national park."
"I have come here (ISB, that is... not to the restaurant) to impress my future mom-in-law."
"You order for me."
The "You" - a bit nervously: "I better get it right for him or he'll eat me."
"I can make Mojito!"
"So can I!"
"Let's have a Mojito party at our rooms some day!"
"You would give Ghajini a run for his money!" (This was in reference to short term memory, and not the terrific body. I know, this is not an ideal world yet).

It was one instance of losing track of time with good company. However, we had to make way for another group of equally vella people from our school who came in later. Besides, we also had a couple of birthday dunkings planned at midnight. As they say, we had to prioritise! Towards the end, while we were waiting in a (what-else-could-it-be) queue to pay our individual bills, one of us (a bit tipsy and arguing in favour of a particular taxi service due to their nominal costs): ---- taxis will go at 10 km per hour.....
Rest of us within earshot: Huh??

Having done the maths, we divided into groups, got into cabs like good children and came back without any further "mishaps".

As an aside, dunkings were good successes last night. After the birthday boy and girl, their quaddies and study-group mates were dunked, the remaining 6-7 of us dunked ourselves in good spirit. With that, I opened my dunking account in ISB...

2 comments:

PARVEEN said...

You seem to be enjoying an awe-inspiring life.

Ritu said...

:) Although I wouldn't go as far as saying that, I will say that I am having an awesome time :)